1. Mont. man injured when bridge jumper lands on him: A western Montana man floating on an inner tube suffered broken bones in his legs and torn ligaments in his knees when another man jumped from a bridge and landed in his lap.
2. Man swims across Detroit River, prompts rescue: A man who wanted to prove he could swim across the Detroit River from Canada to the U.S. after a night of drinking ended up prompting an international rescue operation.
3. Caroline Kennedy nominated as ambassador to Japan: President Barack Obama announced Wednesday that he is nominating former first daughter Caroline Kennedy as U.S. ambassador to Japan, offering the most famous living member of a prominent American family a new role of service to country.
4. For seniors, unhealthy living may lead to disability: Seniors who don't exercise much, who smoke or who eat few fruits and vegetables are at increased risk for disability, according to a new study.
5. TVs toppling onto tots at alarming rate: Falling television sets continue to be a source of serious injuries to young children, a new study shows.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.