1. Ill. researchers build 'vanishing' tech gear: Imagine this: There's no need to throw out your old cellphone, because it will self-destruct.
2. Why getting a loan may get harder
3. Poverty rate still high among U.S. children: Poverty rates remain high among children in the United States and continue to affect their health, education and safety, a new federal report shows.
4. Former US senator praises Snowden in email: A former U.S. Republican senator from New Hampshire is praising Edward Snowden for "doing the right thing" in an email exchange with the former intelligence contractor who exposed secrets about U.S. government surveillance programs.
5. Indiana doctor arrested in 4 Nebraska killings: An Indiana doctor accused of killing four people with ties to a Nebraska medical school that fired him was denied medical licenses in at least two states after being dismissed from Creighton University more than a decade ago.