ALBANY, N.Y. — Detours for traffic heading to the plaza from I-787 or trying to access underground parking lots will be in place Monday as the city begins to repair the tunnel roadways and parking areas beneath the Swan Street section of Empire State Plaza.
This project involves major structural repairs to the road deck and the parking levels beneath the highway and is expected to be completed in late October.
Tenant and visitor parking and bus routes will not be affected.
Among the changes to note are:
• No vehicle entrance into the south tunnel from lower Swan Street.
• No through traffic from westbound tunnel lane onto upper Swan Street.
• All traffic will be rerouted through local streets and utilize a temporary U- turn inside the tunnel that will provide access to all parking levels and the roadway to Madison Avenue from the P-1 South portal.
• Traffic signs and electronic message boards along main routes in downtown Albany and on North/Southbound I- 787 will provide updated traffic information.
• Temporary traffic barriers will be set up to protect the work area and redirect traffic.
SEE INTERACTIVE MAPS FROM OFFICE OF GENERAL SERVICES:
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.