Greenwich man shocked by drop wire in critical condition
GREENWICH, N.Y. – The Washington County Sherriff's Office is investigating an incident in which a man was shocked by a drop wire carrying 34,500 volts of electricity.
According to Sheriff Jeffery Murphy, 40-year-old John Hughes of Greenwich had cut a hole in the chain link fence to access 192 Mill Road at 5:45 p.m. Sunday for an unknown reason. After a preliminary investigation, authorities believed he was walking across a beam that was approximately ten feet in the air, when he was electrocuted by the drop wire. The shock knocked him off the cross member, onto the cement pad below.
Hughes was transported to Albany Medical Center by the Easton Greenwich Rescue Squad. He was later transferred to the Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center in critical condition.
The incident is still under investigation and criminal charges are possible.
Also assisting at the scene was the Middle Falls Fire Department and National Grid.
Local News <a href="http://www.wten.com/category/173731/-local-news">More>></a>Local NewsMore>>
ALBANY, N.Y. – A full service dog training facility is opening up in Albany. On Saturday morning, All Dawgs Training Services will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new business. During the ceremony,More >>
A full service dog training facility is opening up in Albany.More >>
GLENS FALLS, N.Y. – Union hockey player Shayne Gostisbehere made his professional hockey debut at the Adirondack Phantoms game Friday night. Gostisbehere hit the ice for the first time all season withoutMore >>
Union hockey player Shayne Gostisbehere made his professional hockey debut at the Adirondack Phantoms game Friday night.More >>