1. Flag Day commemorates approval of 'Old Glory': Flag Day, observed on June 14, commemorates the date in which the Continental Congress approved the design for the first national flag of the United States in 1777.
2. 'Happy Birthday to You' copyright suit filed in NY: A production company making a documentary about the song "Happy Birthday to You" is challenging the copyright to the famous jingle.
3. Lawsuit: Man allowed to curse on NY ticket payment: A 22-year-old Connecticut man who wrote obscenities and "Tyranny" on his speeding ticket payment claims in a federal lawsuit that his free speech rights were violated when he was arrested.
4. Tobacco ads spark teen smoking: The more tobacco advertising teenagers see, the more likely they are to start smoking, according to a new study.
5. Drowning prevention measures to keep kids safe in water: Every day in the United States, three children drown. Although many people expect a drowning child to splash and yell for help, these accidents often happen quietly without anyone noticing, according to a pediatric safety expert.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.