GLENS FALLS, N.Y. – An overnight fire damaged the Bull Pen Building in Glens Falls Saturday, and the Glens Falls Fire Chief says it was caused by a resident smoking while on oxygen.
The majority of the fire was contained to 216 Glen St. with minor damage to 206 Glen St, the Colvin Building, and 220 Glen St., the Achenbach's buildings.
Fire crews responded to a reported living room fire, discovering a working fire on the third floor when they arrived. Two residents were found in the front of the building, one helped out of the building by Glens Falls officers, and another found by the rear fire escape.
The resident helped out of the building by officers was immediately transported to Glens Falls Hospital by ambulance.
All of the buildings suffered smoke and water damage.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.