1. Football concussion risk highest during games, not practice: Youth football players are much more likely to suffer concussions in games than during practice, and older players have a much higher risk of concussion than younger players, a new study finds.
2. How to start saving for retirement: When it comes to personal finance, saving, and investing, there are a lot of "it depends" or "your situation may be different." I daresay that saving for retirement is not among those - unless you are one of the very fortunate few to be independently wealthy, setting aside money today to see that you have enough for the years down the road is mandatory.
3. Alligator takes pit stop near Calif. Intersection: A Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy was suspicious. When he heard two women were spotted near a Lancaster, Calif., intersection, and one of them was holding an alligator, he didn't buy it.
4. Summer deadliest time of year for teen drivers: Summer is the most dangerous time of the year for teen drivers and distracted driving is often the reason why, experts say.
5. Alzheimer's drugs may benefit heart, study finds: Drugs used to treat early-stage Alzheimer's disease may also reduce patients' risk of heart attack and death, according to a new study.