Fire debris left outside burned home in Hudson Falls - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Fire debris left outside burned home in Hudson Falls


HUDSON FALLS - NEWS10 is getting some Hudson Falls residents answers, after a complaint was filed with the Village Board about a debris pile in the front yard of a burned-out home.

The home, at 64 Elm Street, went up in flames January 3rd, displacing seven people. Everyone in the home made it out safely, but the home is unlivable. A pile of waterlogged insulation, burned clothing items, and broken windows remains in the front yard.

Town code enforcement officer Ross Cortese says he knows the pile has been an eyesore for months, and he's working hard to get it removed.

"It's not a huge pile, but I can see why residents would be concerned. I met with the contractor in charge of making the home livable again. We're working together to get the pile removed by the end of the week."

Cortese says he doesn't believe the pile poses any physical risk to neighbors, or risk of rodent or insect infestation. He will personally inspect the yard Friday to make sure the pile has been removed.

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.