ALBANY, N.Y. - Police in Albany are investigating a possible sexual assault that may have occurred early Wednesday morning in the area of State Street and Lark Street.
Police say around 12 a.m. Wednesday, March 6th, officers responded to the area for the report of an assault. At this time the incident is under investigation and no other further details are available.
The Albany Police would like to remind members of the community of following safety tips:
- Be observant and aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid poorly lit areas when walking.
- If possible, always walk with someone or in groups.
- Don't be embarrassed to use security staff at work to walk you to your car.
- If you feel uncomfortable in someone's presence, trust your feelings and take steps to distance yourself from him or her.
- Identify safe people in your neighborhood that you or your children can go to if you need help.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity to the police by calling 911.