TROY, N.Y. – A local restaurant celebrating 100 years of service to the local community will be recognized Saturday by local officials.
The doors to Manory's Restaurant opened in 1913 on the corners of Fourth and Congress streets in downtown Troy. The restaurant is now owned by Louis and Jennifer Marchese who purchased it from the founding Manory family in 1991.
At 9 a.m. Saturday, legislators will hold a presentation at the restaurant to honor owners.
"This is a special time for Troy. This restaurant has become an integral part of the city's history and tradition, and we have Lou, Jen and past and present members of the Manory family to thank for that," commented Minority leader Peter Grimm.