HUNTER, N.Y. - Officials report that four people were safely rescued from a mid-air zip line crisis on Sunday afternoon.
Two became stuck on a homemade zip line in the back of a residence off of Josh Road in Platte Clove, Hunter, on Sunday, after high winds caused the zip line to malfunction.
They were not injured as a result; 'just cold,' reported Greene County Sheriff Seeley.
Fire-fighters responded to the scene with ladders and retrieved the two from their spot on the zip line, where they had been halted at about forty feet in the air, halfway across.
They were dangling for roughly one hour before they were rescued, according to Seeley.
Two others had gotten stuck on platforms on trees at either end of the line, according to the Assistant Fire Chief of Tannersville.
All four were treated on-scene for cold exposure.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.