ALbANY, N.Y. - Albany International Airport is expecting a major increase in passenger volume heading into the President's Day holiday, so they are urging everyone to plan accordingly.
Airport officials say pre-holiday travel will be particularly busy on Feb. 14, 15, and 16. They suggest arriving at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight. This will give you time to park your car, check in, and pass through the security checkpoint.
It is also important to know some tips to speed through the TSA checkpoint:
- When possible do not pack oversized electronics in checked baggage. These items must be removed from carry-on bags for x-ray screening.
- Prepare a one-quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-locked bag of liquids (each container less than 3.4 ounces).
- Pack all coats and jackets in checked baggage when possible. These items must go through the x-ray for inspection.
- Remove shoes and place on belt.
- Remove all items from your pockets, as well as accessories including wallet, belt, jewelry, money, keys, and cell phone for screening.
For more information visit www.tsa.gov
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.