1. Tax Tip: IRS offers help for the January 30 tax season opening: The IRS will begin processing most individual income tax returns on Jan. 30 after updating forms and completing programming and testing of its processing systems.
2. 5 questions for potential homebuyers: Are you ready to buy a home? With housing prices and mortgage rates as low as they are, many are tempted to take the plunge and become first-time homeowners. But how do you know if you're truly ready?
3. Increase in new 'stomach bug' strain: A new norovirus strain caused most of the outbreaks of the contagious intestinal illness in the United States between September and December last year, but it is not known if this strain will lead to an overall increase in outbreaks, U.S. researchers report.
4. Wayward dolphin makes splash in polluted NYC canal: A wayward dolphin swam into a polluted canal on Friday, and marine experts watched to see if it would head back out to the ocean on its own or would need help.
5. J.J. Abrams to direct Star Wars 7: J.J. Abrams has been tapped to direct the upcoming seventh Star Wars film, The Wrap reports
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.