GALWAY, N.Y. -- The bitter
cold made saving a Galway family's home from fire challenging Thursday.
The fire started at around
10:30 a.m., and because of the extreme cold -- fire crews tell NEWS10, 12
mutual aid departments were called in to help rotate the firefighters, and keep
the crews warm.
That slowed down their
efforts to fight the blaze, but they were still able to get the fire knocked
down in about 30 minutes.
Officials tell NEWS10 the fire likely started
in the chimney and spread to the roof. The scene is now under investigation.
341 Northern Blvd.,
Albany, NY 12204