1. Explorer's rare Scotch returned to Antarctic stash: Talk about whisky on ice: Three bottles of rare, 19th century Scotch found beneath the floor boards of Antarctic explorer Ernest Shackelton's abandoned expedition base were returned to the polar continent Saturday after a distiller flew them to Scotland to recreate the long-lost recipe.
2. Sheriff: Calif. burglar was using sauna: Authorities in Northern California say a man arrested in nothing but a trench coat and socks after a break-in told investigators he had been using the homeowner's sauna.
3. Polite British vandal guilty of damaging cars: A British professor who specializes in cities and urban life has been convicted of damaging luxury cars with graffiti that was surprisingly polite.
4. 6 top-paying freelance jobs: Whether you're just looking to earn some extra income on the side or you want to freelance full-time, there are freelance opportunities that can at least match full-time employment, if not earn you even more.
5. High medical bills driving some Americans to extreme measures: Insured Americans with serious medical conditions say the financial stress of rising out-of-pocket health care costs is forcing them to juggle household budgets, delay or skimp on care and even run up credit cards or dodge debt collectors, a new study reveals.