1. Ashley Judd "definitely interested" in run for public office, Kentucky congressman says: Ashley Judd appears to be inching closer to a run for office. After reports first surfaced in December that the Double Jeopardy actress was mulling a run for Senate in her home state of Kentucky, Kentucky Congressman John Yarmuth confirmed she is seriously considering a move into politics.
2. 6 ways to get your finances on track in 2013: Close to half of Americans are resolving to do better financially in 2013. If you are among those who want to focus on making financial gains, follow these suggestions to ensure that 2013 is a robust year.
3. Marriage might lengthen life: Here's yet another reason to get hitched and stay hitched: New research suggests that being single during midlife appears to raise the risk for premature death.
4. IRS plans January 30th tax season opening for 1040 filers: Following the January tax law changes made by Congress under the American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA), the Internal Revenue Service announced today it plans to open the 2013 filing season and begin processing individual income tax returns on Jan. 30.
5. Jon Gosselin hit with massive tax lien: Jon Gosselin has been hit with a $39,000 tax lien, TMZ reports.