1. Large pet reptile found guarding Calif. pot stash: Authorities in Northern California made a snappy discovery during a routine probation check: An alligator-like reptile named "Mr. Teeth," who was apparently protecting a stash of marijuana.
2. Mass. couple's wedding day is also town's ZIP code: Couples often hold weddings on significant dates, but a Massachusetts couple has come up with a new way of remembering their ceremony.
3. Man who rode horse while drunk gets time served: A Florida man accused of riding his horse while intoxicated during a police chase has changed his plea and was sentenced to time served.
4. Rosie O'Donnell welcomes daughter: Rosie O'Donnell and her wife Michelle Rounds welcomed a baby girl through adoption on Jan. 5, People reports.
5. Ancient pills found in shipwreck offer rare insight into early medicine: Archeologists investigating an ancient shipwreck off the coast of Tuscany report they have stumbled upon a rare find: a tightly closed tin container with well-preserved medicine dating back to about 140-130 B.C.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.