Fire forces patients from Saratoga County nursing home - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Fire forces patients from Saratoga County nursing home

Posted:

MALTA, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say a faulty dryer is being blamed for starting a fire that forced the evacuation of more than two dozen residents of a Saratoga County nursing home.
    
Fire officials in the town of Malta tell the Times Union of Albany that Sunday's early morning fire started in the laundry room at the Home of the Good Shepard and spread to the facility's enhanced care wing, but all 32 residents were safely removed from the facility.
    
Officials say the fire was under control in 15 minutes.
    
The patients were taken to the nearby county-run Maplewood Manor. It's unknown how long they will be at Maplewood.

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.