1. Russian children find lion cub, take it to school: Most primary school classes get a goldfish to keep, a hamster or a turtle if they're lucky - but children from one village in southern Russia got to play with a lion cub.
2. Zebra, mini horse corralled after NYC street jaunt: New York City can be like a zoo sometimes, but a zebra running wild through the streets is not something you ordinarily see.
3. How to make extra money at Christmas time: If the financial worries of Christmas are bringing you out in a seasonal sweat, then fret no more. In this time of austerity, it's easy to feel more like Scrooge than Santa, but if you're facing a credit crunch this December, here are a handful of ways to make a bit of extra money this holiday season.
4. Most women who choose double mastectomy don't need to: Almost 70 percent of women with breast cancer who choose to have both breasts removed as a precaution actually have a low risk of developing cancer in the healthy breast, a new study finds.
5. Wild coyotes 'kind of chilling' by Wrigley Field: Wild baseball fans might be a standard sight at Wrigley Field, but a pair of wild coyotes milling around Chicago's historic ballpark - surrounded on all sides by bars, restaurants and busy streets - wasn't what one photographer was expecting on a busy Friday night.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.