TROY, N.Y. - The Capital Region was hit with another underground electrical fire, causing a manhole to smoke and dislodge on Thursday afternoon - This time it was in the City of Troy.
National Grid says the issue was caused by an underground cable failure, a "splice" that shortened out, on Fifth Avenue, between Federal Street and Jacob Street.
The underground cable was smoking and there was an ignition. The manhole cover was dislodged, though it did not blow off.
A power outage was caused at the Old Hadley Building nearby, and three homes needed to be evacuated to check for carbon monoxide. The homes were deemed safe within a half-hour and residents were allowed back inside.
National Grid is continuing to investigate the incident. They cannot positively say the Troy incident is related to the Albany incident, though because of the timing they are investigating to see if they are related.
Local News <a href="http://www.wten.com/category/173731/-local-news">More>></a>Local NewsMore>>
ALBANY, N.Y. – A full service dog training facility is opening up in Albany. On Saturday morning, All Dawgs Training Services will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new business. During the ceremony,More >>
A full service dog training facility is opening up in Albany.More >>
GLENS FALLS, N.Y. – Union hockey player Shayne Gostisbehere made his professional hockey debut at the Adirondack Phantoms game Friday night. Gostisbehere hit the ice for the first time all season withoutMore >>
Union hockey player Shayne Gostisbehere made his professional hockey debut at the Adirondack Phantoms game Friday night.More >>
GLENS FALLS, N.Y. – The Adirondack Phantoms played their last ever home game at the Glens Falls Civic Center Friday night. The Phantoms sold out the arena for the fifth time this season. For many, itMore >>
The Adirondack Phantoms played their last ever home game at the Glens Falls Civic Center Friday night.More >>