1. Traffic ticket paid with 137 oragami bills: A miffed motorist who received a $137 traffic ticket stuck it to the police when he paid the fine with 137 origami pigs made of $1 bills in a couple of Dunkin' Donuts boxes.
2. Price William, Kate sue over topless photos: The publication of topless photos of Prince William's wife Kate has reunited the same players whose clash ended with the untimely death of his mother, Princess Diana, in a Parisian car crash.
3. Nintendo's Wii U launches Nov. 18: The creator of "Mario Bros." and "Donkey Kong" said Thursday that it will launch its first high-definition gaming console on Nov. 18 in the U.S., later that month in Europe and on Dec. 8 in Japan.
4. Most students not proficient in writing: Just a quarter of eighth and 12th grade students in the United States have solid writing skills, even when allowed to use spell-check and other computer word-processing tools, according to results of a national exam released Friday.
5. NY Fashion Week: The designers previewing spring collections at New York Fashion Week may not have had a single voice, but they all spoke loudly.
Have an idea you want to share for "News10.com's Top 5"? Email firstname.lastname@example.org