ALBANY, NY – Construction begins on Friday to repair state roads in Albany, Columbia, Rensselaer, and Washington Counties.
The construction work includes a 7.5 mile portion of Route 9H between Routes 9/82 and Route 66 and an 11 mile section of Route 66 between Claverack Creek and Route 203, both in Columbia County.
Below is a list of additional roads that will be resurfaced this summer as part of the contract. Schedules are subject to change based on weather or other events. Each site is expected to take between one and four weeks. Motorists may encounter detours and should expect delays.
· More than 2.5 miles of Route 40 between Church Street and Hansen Road in the town of Schaghticoke, Rensselaer County
· More than 2.5 miles of Route 40 between Route 125/67 and the Washington county line in Rensselaer County
· Approximately five miles of Route 67 from the Champlain Canal/Hemstreet Park to Route 40 in the town of Schaghticoke, Rensselaer County
· Three miles of Route 22 between routes 2 and 346 (Rabbit College Road) in the town of Petersburgh, Rensselaer County
· Nearly three miles of Route 2 between Peckhem Pond/Yerton Road and routes 4 and 151 (Red Mill/Luther roads) in Rensselaer County
· Two miles of Route 22 between Route 7 and River Road in the village of Hoosick Falls, Rensselaer County
· Four miles of Route 67 between Route 22 and the New York/Vermont state line in Rensselaer County
· Nearly three miles of Route 43 from Route 23 to Old Mill Road in Rensselaer County
· 1.5 miles of Route 355 between routes 154 and 351 in Rensselaer County
· 1.5 miles of Route 151 from Brookhaven Lane to Hilltop Road in the village of Luther, Rensselaer County
· 1.5 miles of Route 351 between Routes 154/355 and Dater Hill Road in Rensselaer County
· Six miles of Route 20 from the Rensselaer County line to Route 22 in Columbia County
· 4.3 miles of Route 4 between Ryder Road and 7th Avenue in the village of Whitehall, Washington County
· 1.4 miles of Route 4 between routes 9 and 151 (Red Mill Road/Luther Road) in Rensselaer County
· Five miles of Route 7 between routes 278 and 123 (Ford Road) in Rensselaer County
· Nearly two miles of Route 22 from Mahaffey Lane to Chamberlain Mills/Sheldon roads in the village of Hebron, Washington County
· Four miles of Route 9W between Route 396 (Bridge Street) and the Coeymans/Bethlehem town line in Albany County
· 5.5 miles of Route 40 between Ferry Road and Route 29 in Washington County
· 5.3 miles of Route 22 from Spring Street to McMillan Road in the town of Hebron, Washington County