AMSTERDAM, N.Y.- The American Red Cross of Northeastern New York (ARCNENY) provided assistance today to an adult after a fire broke out in his Amsterdam home.
The fire, which occurred at 22 Henry St, was caused by a candle. It was accidental and confined to the living room.
The Red Cross provided food to the victim because the resident could not stay in the apartment due to smoke damage and minor water damage as well. The resident is in his sixties and no one was injured.
Just in the month of January alone, the chapter has responded to 11 incidents providing aid to 55 people.