News

Officials release cause of fatal Rensselaer house fire

RENSSELAER, N.Y. (NEWS10) - Officials released the cause of a fatal Rensselaer house fire on Friday.

According to police, the initial investigation into the Mann Ave. fire deemed it accidental and possibly being caused by an electrical issue.

It is believed there was at least one smoke detector in the residence but may not have been operational.

Three individuals passed away in Sunday morning's fire - Safia Alblakhi, 68-year-old female; Monzalah Alshami, 41-year-old female; Aymen Alshami, 8-year-old male.

Another 16-year-old girl was transported to a hospital in Syracuse and remains in critical condition. A total of five people were transported to local hospitals following the fire.

The last person was taken to Albany Med with minor injuries.

The investigation continues.


More Stories

Meet the Team

  • Tim Lake
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

  • Sound the Alarm
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Auto Racing Challenge
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Meet the Team
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News - Local

Video Center