Hospital: Albany woman's headache was carbon monoxide poisoning - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Hospital: Albany woman's headache was carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted:

ALBANY, N.Y. -- An Albany woman's trip to a hospital emergency room leads to her house being evacuated.

Fire officials tell NEWS10 the woman went to the hospital with a headache, but was found to have carbon monoxide poisoning.

The hospital called the fire department to check out the woman's house and found four more people still inside.

All had symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and were also sent to the hospital while firefighters ventilated the house.

"Any time you have multiple people having the same symptoms, it can be the flu, but it can be carbon monoxide," said Albany Deputy Fire Chief Frank Nerney. "(People) should have a carbon monoxide detector in their homes - one on every floor is the way to go."

Fire officials are looking into if the building had carbon monoxide detectors, and if they went off.

They're also still trying to determine what in the home caused the illness.

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.